Briq is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who loves to learn, solve real problems, and be an integral part of a team working to help people navigate complicated systems such as construction. You’re a tireless advocate for the customer and great engineer practices—enthusiastic about building and iterating on designs to discover what works best and applying your knowledge to create incredibly reliable, scalable and delightful consumer experiences. You're passionate about your interests, and you want to work on projects that will challenge your technical and collaborative capabilities.
You understand how to be on a collaborative team as a technical leader with the ability to solve difficult engineering problems, point out what's not quite right, mentor others towards better answers and smooth the customer’s journey through physical and digital footprints. You find ways to reduce the number of steps to secure and scalable systems by using every tool in the toolbox.
- Understand overall technical requirements, priorities and success measures to design system architecture and implementation paths
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights
- Work with program managers and designers to understand customer needs, user experiences, provide insights and promote best practices
- Design, code, debug, and problem-solve with internal and external members of the team on a wide array of proposed web, desktop and mobile experiences
- Create a track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and blockers with creative problem-solving and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and internal product group
- Act as a senior member of the team in both leadership and individual contributor roles
- Minimum of bachelor's in engineering related field or 5+ years of relative cloud experience
- 2+ years of experience building distributed cloud systems on Azure, AWS or GCP
- 2+ years of experience with modern frontend or backend, building a highly scalable cloud solution
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior architects to engineers
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Delivery/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as AWS, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, Databricks, Cloudera, DataStax, SAS, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, TCS, Rackspace
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge as well as depth in at least one of the following areas: Database architecture, ETL, Data Mining, Business Intelligence, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Data Structure, Data Governance, Desktop or Web Frontend UX